Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Boyfriend Is A Dog, Or Something Like That!


My Pets Are My Family
What makes a human being more of a family member than and animal being?
Tonight I came home after visiting a friend who lives near me and when I got home I let my two wolf dog roommates in the house. I find their behavior so human like it still amazes me, even after having had the two wolf dogs I have right now for six years as well as knowing two others that my former roommate has in his house that I have known for nine years. The first wolf dog my former roommate and I had we got in 1990 and she died a year before we got the second two that my friend has. So my overall experience with wolf dogs spans about twenty three years. The bonded pair my friend has are very unique from the bonded pair I live with, they are all my very good friends but they are each very unique just as humans are from each other. When I got home I let Hunter and Niner in the house and Hunter proceeded to act like a teenager and jump around all over the place to get attention, the biggest problem with that is that he weighs about 130 pounds which is a heck of a lot of somebody wanting attention, he has a stuffed toy bone that he has had for at least three years that is a squeaky toy and when he is really pumped up he brings me this fragile stuffed toy so I can take it from him and make it squeak and then he takes it away from me and goes somewhere away from me so I can’t play with his toy. This is a win-win scenario from my point of view, I really didn’t want the toy but by acting like I do makes him want to take the toy and play with it somewhere else, win-win. The nine year old female I have that is his bonded mate has had two litters of pups before I brought her home with the 10 week old Hunter to live me. She has been a mother to two large litters of pups, she does not engage in the puppy like behavior that Hunter does with his toy, she left being a pup behind when she came to live with me and Hunter and didn’t have to be a mom anymore.
Bottom of Form

My animals are my children and I love them all. I am especially fond of my huge wolf dog Hunter with his beautiful dark brown eyes. I am continually amazed at how intelligent he is, he is so very intuitive about my feelings and knows just when I need a “dog” hug. I was on the phone the other day and I looked up from my conversation to see Hunter standing a few feet in front of me with the fuzzy toilet seat cover in his mouth. I was puzzled at first but unconcerned so I finished my telephone call and then I walked over and picked up the toilet seat cover, from where Hunter had dropped it on the floor, and took it back into the bathroom to put it back where it belonged. I then discovered that the 2nd indoor water bowl, the toilet, lid was down and he had been trying to tell me that by bringing me the cover off of it. Because I have Hunter and another large female wolf dog that both drink a lot of water, they use the toilet bowl as a second water bowl after they have emptied the large water container I have in the kitchen for them to drink out of. A friend had just been over to visit me not long before that who had put the toilet seat down, not knowing that it was used by my dogs as a water bowl, and when Hunter had gone in there to use his “water bowl” he found the toilet lid down so he wasn’t able to drink out of it so he got creative trying to figure out a way to tell me that. He presented me with the toilet seat cover to let me know there was a problem. I thought this was a rather intelligent thing to do. Since I don’t have “human” children I have to brag about my furry kids! 

Hunter's Eyes!
Just now my big male wolf dog came up to me where I was sitting on the couch and laid his head against my leg and looked into my eyes with his big dark brown eyes which said "I love you" so much I can't imagine that there is any human that could convey that message so beautifully as Hunter just did. I am not saying he loves me more than a human only that his eyes convey his emotions more than I believe any human can. Possibly it is because he is unencumbered by thinking about how pissed off he is because I left the cap off of the toothpaste! 
Hunter's Big Brown Eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment