Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My Cat Is So Sweet When He Is Wet!

When I moved in to my new house in the country I had a cat door put in the cat room, the room where I put the cats food and water with a cat door leading into in to it so the dogs can’t eat the cat food, so the cats could use a the litter boxes I had placed in a shed outside the house. They also have access to the outdoors from there so they can come and go from the house as they please. I live on 12 acres and my house is in the middle of the 12 acres so it is safe for them to go outside because the nearest road is 6 acres from my house and there is no reason for them to walk that far, and they don’t. My female cat (I adopted her from the local humane society when she was 6 months old) is pretty lazy, part of that is due to the fact that she had an inner ear infection when she was about 8 months old and she lost a bit of her balance so she is what you might call “vertically challenged” and so she doesn’t do a lot of running around, Her mate, a male (who I also adopted from the humane society, when he was 8 weeks old about 9 months before the female) is a very active cat and he goes hunting in the grass around the house pretty much every day, much to my dismay as he brings me all sorts of lovely presents of dead mice and live snakes. He seems to smile when I find the snake he has brought in and I scream. I have found a very good use for those rubber tipped Tongs that are supposed to be for handicapped people to grab things (but have such ineffective gripping power that they are next to worthless) in that they make great “grabbers” to pick up a snake that is playing dead in my living room and take it to the door and throw it outside where it belongs. It is spring, or I guess it actually just became summer a couple of days ago, and the weather can go from beautiful and sunny for a week to pouring down rain just after the sun was out. Well my male cat was out “catting” about during one of these sunny rainy days and he just came in soaking wet and really really needed my attention. Does he think I am stupid? No he just knows that when he starts rubbing his wet little body on me to dry off that I won’t give him flying lessons. He is so sweet, not! Cats are the ultimate animal when it comes to getting what they want and I think they know it. And I still love them. What does that say about me? Sucker maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment